Sunday, April 3, 2011

MAC_Week1_Blog4_Wimba_Session



Wimba Session Week One



In response to Week 1 Wimba Session, I found your information about the literature review very interesting. I was one of those that had a very difficult time synthesizing the information. What I had in my head like you said made sense of the various sources, but my paper looked like an annotated bibliography. I also like what you said about giving our writing to someone else to read through to make sure that you got across what you intended. I also felt more secure about my literature review because you said that on our Lit Review Resource Page that we could put all of our sources on the page, if we so choose. I have a lot of sources which helped me to put together my thoughts, but that did not necessarily make it into the Lit Review.

The information about the web format was very helpful; I could have missed it had you not mentioned it.

Your mention about the three learning domains was extremely useful. As an elementary art teacher teaching digital art to kindergarten children, using a mouse validates the use of the psycho-motor domain, as they learn to use the mouse for the first time (for many). You also mentioned that it was necessary to mention in our AR Project to identify our target audience very precisely. For example, many of you who just read that my kindergarten students do not know how to use a mouse probably believe this is untrue, because your child may have learned how to use a mouse at three years old.

My school is a Title I school with a free/reduced price lunch level at about 85%. In other words approximately 85% of my students come from impoverished families and have not had the same experiences as children who have played with technology at a very young age. They need to learn how to mouse; it’s something new! Therefore it is very necessary for me to identify that the target audience of my ARP are from a Title I school with an impoverished population at approximately 85% of the school population as a whole.

Knowing that you need information about the target audience to be that exacting, was very helpful.

1 comment:

  1. excellent summary and connection with the material.

    ReplyDelete